Frequently the focus of cosmetic improvement is in the face, yet one of the most age-telling body features which are often neglected is our hands. The natural fat padding which we are born with begins to lessen in our late twenties and early 30’s. By the time most of us approach 50, we have hands that tell the truth about our age and often they can actually make us seem older than we are!
Fillers containing hyaluronic acid, a naturally-occurring substance found in the body, are designed to provide volume and hydration and can be used to improve the the appearance of signs of aging on the hands. Examples include Restylane®, Perlane®, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA™, and JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA®. Radiesse®, a filler comprised of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres, can stimulate collagen production within the skin, remodelling the dermis for a more aesthetically appealing outcome.
There are several options or a combination of treatments available for ageing hands at TimelessBeautybyAlex:
- For restoration of volume we prefer to use dermal fillers to help stimulate collagen production and reduce the appearance of dermal vascularity and bones on the back of the hands.
- Mesotherapy provides deep hydration which in turn works to reduce the crepey appearance of the skin.
- Improves and reduces bony appearance and vein prominence on the back of the hands.
- Gives hands a softer, fuller appearance which signifies youth.
- Reduces the dark colour of the veins.
- Stimulates new collagen in the skin which continues to produce for several months.
- Results improve over time.
- Improves the overall skin quality.
- Long-lasting results.
Possible Side Effects:
- After the treatment(s) some common injection-related reactions may occur, such as swelling, redness, pain, itching, discoloration and tenderness at the injection site but generally they are not significant. These typically resolve spontaneously within 2 to 10 days.
- Mild bruising or a slight blush might appear at the injection site immediately following treatment and may last for 2-10 days.